Expert Witness for Commercial Appraisers - Subject Matter Electives
Average Customer Rating
3.98 out of 5
Please indicate the state where you are licensed.
Course Not Available
Read the reviews?
Find More Courses
Like what you see?
Purchase a course today!
This course is designed to provide the practicing real estate appraiser with an understanding of the opportunities available in litigation support assignments. Additionally, it will supply the background for the appraiser to provide a work product and testimony necessary to assist the Trier of Fact in a civil case to reach a just and equitable decision. The student will be informed about the structure of a civil trial, the rules of evidence, and USPAP requirements, and will gain an understanding of the mechanics of a civil trial.
The course also will provide meaningful advice about how the appraiser can present credible testimony in deposition and trial that will both educate the court and withstand the adversarial process of cross examination. Finally, the course will outline the various options appraisers have to expand their appraisal practice to include the financially rewarding litigation support services in their appraisal practice. There is a required one and a half-hour proctored exam at the end that must be taken in a monitored setting.
- Chapter 1 - INTRODUCTION TO EXPERT WITNESS
- Chapter 2 - TYPES OF LITIGATION ASSIGNMENTS AND ANATOMY OF A CIVIL TRIAL
- Chapter 3 - USPAP APPLICATIONS IN LITIGATION
- Chapter 4 - DAUBERT, CASE LAW, AND RULES FOR THE COURT
- Chapter 5 - ENGAGING THE LITIGATION ASSIGNMENT
- Chapter 6 - PREPARING THE EXPERT REPORT
- Chapter 7 - DISCOVERY, DEPOSITION AND TRIAL PREPARATION
- Chapter 8 - TRIAL TESTIMONY
- Chapter 9 - MARKETING THE EXPERT WITNESS PRACTICE
- Chapter 10 - CONCLUSION