Advanced Residential Applications and Case Studies
Average Customer Rating
4.36 out of 5
This course looks at four specialized areas of appraisal practice:
Complex Property, Ownership and Market Conditions
Deriving and Supporting Adjustments
Residential Market Analysis
Advanced Case studies
It is structured to conform to the 2008 Real Property Appraiser Qualification Criteria established by the Appraiser Qualifications Board of the Appraisal Foundation. This course is part of the Required Core Curriculum to become a Certified Residential Appraiser.
It begins with a thorough explanation of complex properties. Properties may be complex because of their physical characteristics, property rights or ownership, or market conditions.
Other topics covered include USPAP considerations; particularly the COMPETENCY RULE and the SCOPE OF WORK RULE. In Chapter three the valuation process is detailed along with how it related to the development process detailed in Standards Rule 1-2 and in Chapter 4 the reporting process for complex properties is addressed.
The three approaches are illustrated with emphasis on complex properties. There are 15 advanced case studies that illustrate the practical application of these principles.
In addition to the end-of-chapter quizzes and final exam, this course contains mini-quizzes that will test the knowledge of the material throughout each chapter. The mini-quizzes will help prepare you for not only the end-of-chapter quiz, but also the cumulative final exam at the end of the course.
There is a required one-hour proctored exam at the end that must be taken in a monitored setting.
- Chapter 1 - Introduction to Advanced Applications
- Chapter 2 - Advanced Residential Appraisal Concepts
- Chapter 3 - The Valuation Process
- Chapter 4 - Case Study
- Chapter 5 - The Reporting Process
- Chapter 6 - Market Analysis Case Study
- Chapter 7 - The Sales Comparison Approach
- Chapter 8 - Case Study - Sales Comparison Approach
- Chapter 9 - Questionable Property Characteristics Case Study
- Chapter 10 - Cost and Income Approaches
- Chapter 11 - Case Study of Encumbered Ownership Interest
- Chapter 12 - Case Study on Challenging Market Conditions
- Chapter 13 - Conclusion