Windsor, CT January 10-11, 2024
2024-2025 7-hour National USPAP Update Course
This 2024-2025 7-Hour National USPAP Update Course, titled Ethics, Standards, and Your Appraisal Practice, is developed by The Appraisal Foundation and must be completed by appraisers every 2 years to meet the USPAP continuing education requirement. It is revised on a biennial basis. This course is designed to assist appraisers in all areas of appraisal practice seeking USPAP competency, including those who are subject to state licensing or certification and continuing education requirements of professional organizations, client groups, or employers.
Supporting Adjustments: The Journey from Analysis to Adjusting
In this course, you will be reviewing and learning a broad range of material which includes logical and systematic processes and analyses that lead to supportable adjustments in the grid, as well as appropriate methodologies and techniques such as qualitative and quantitative methods and techniques that are found in appraisal and economic theory. Best practices for data collection and verification will be covered, and then how to put it all together in the final report.
The material promises to guide even the most experienced appraiser in helping to overcome some of the more common challenges they face in their assignments.
Course Learning Objectives
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Employ analytical tools for better market analysis and highest and best use.
• Apply an analysis and process for developing an opinion of trends.
• Review and apply an analysis of paired data sets.
• Explain and apply grouped data analysis.
New Construction Essentials: Luxury Homes
This course covers several aspects of appraising proposed construction or renovations of a luxury home. It is expected that students taking this course are already familiar with the cost approach to value and the fundamentals of appraising new construction properties. Learn the key elements for successful completion of these appraisal assignments and the special issues involved with appraising proposed custom luxury homes. Examples and illustrations are included to enhance the learning experience.
• Recognize the essential components and the different types of construction drawings.
• Recognize the most common and significant variables that impact construction costs.
• Explain how renovations and remodels of luxury homes may positively or negatively affect value.