Upon completion of this seminar, the professional should be able to:
- Understand how the Standards Rules of USPAP relate to the various steps in the appraisal process;
- Understand the COMPETENCY RULE and how it is applied in selecting a qualified appraiser for a specific assignment;
- Explain the role USPAP plays in protecting the public interest; Understand the role the lender plays in ensuring appraisers are provided with adequate and accurate data to complete an assignment credibly;
- Know the importance of accurately identifying the Intended Use and Intended User(s) of an appraisal assignment;
- Understand the relevance of appropriate report dates and the potential problems that can arise if edits are made subsequent to assignment completion;
- Recognize the importance of utilizing reviewers who meet the requirements of the COMPETENCY RULE, particularly in complex assignments;
- Differentiate between the terms “summarize” and “state” as they relate to Standards Rules 2-2(a) and 2-2(b);
- Understand the difference between a review and an Appraisal Review; and
- Recognize the information in an Appraisal Report or a Restricted Appraisal Report needed to comply with STANDARD 2.
1. Chapter 1: Seminar Introduction and Objectives
2. Chapter 2: The USPAP Publication
3. Chapter 3: Key USPAP Definitions
4. Chapter 4: Rules
5. Chapter 5: STANDARDS 1 and 2
6. Chapter 6: STANDARDS 3 and 4
7. Chapter 7: USPAP Advisory Opinions
Course ratings and reviews
McKissock is rated out of 5 by 147.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lindsay L. from I enjoyed this course. I felt like it user friendly and was very informing.
Date published: 2018-08-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by Brandon B. from Simple and straightforward information regarding USPAP compliance. The quizzes are designed to make sure you are paying attention, so remember to take notes. Helpful and informative. Thanks!
Date published: 2018-08-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by Brennon L. from For someone who is starting to learn about appraisals, I believe this was good resource to learn from. Just like anything that you are learning for the first time, it's important to learn it the right way the first time. I think this course put me on that right path.
Date published: 2018-03-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by JACOB P. from Even after being in the profession for a few years, there are clarifications that were sometimes misinterpreted or not fully understood. This course helped to solidify some of those definitions and interpretations.
Date published: 2018-02-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by Stephen F. from This is a good refresher for experienced appraisers and people just becoming familiar with the subject. The laws are changing and the reviews are becoming a very important part of the appraisal process. Dodd-Frank has added a review component that will enhance appraisers ability to widen their review skills. This course could provide a ramp for those who are taking on increasing review work.
Date published: 2017-09-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by John A. from Great class for mortgage professionals to have an understanding of USPAP & better communication with appraisers.
Date published: 2017-06-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by Audrey D. from This course was very helpful. I was able to understand the information provided in the course with ease. I highly recommend this course.
Date published: 2017-05-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by Matthew N. from Although, very dry, the course served its purpose.
Date published: 2016-10-25
Is there a certification or some form of documentation that is given upon completion of this course? As an employer I am looking to have contractors take this class and provide confirmation of successful completion.
Once the course is completed, you will have access to print a certificate from the completed course tab of the website.
Date published: 2018-08-06