This course is intended to assist state regulatory agencies in better understanding the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) and their relevance in, and applicability to, state enforcement programs. It will also facilitate a better understanding of property appraisers’ USPAP-related obligations in an assignment and will provide the regulatory professional with knowledge to better evaluate an appraisal report for USPAP compliance. This program is not intended to provide training for those performing appraisal review (as defined in USPAP) assignments, nor is it meant to replace the USPAP publication itself. The course serves as an enhancement to understanding the flexibility and practicability of USPAP as it relates to real property valuation.
1. Chapter 1: Course Introduction and Objectives
2. Chapter 2: The USPAP Publication
3. Chapter 3: Key USPAP Definitions
4. Chapter 4: Rules
5. Chapter 5: STANDARDS 1 and 2
6. Chapter 6: STANDARDS 3 and 4
7. Chapter 7: USPAP Advisory Opinions