Springfield, MO May 6-7, 2024
2024-2025 7-hour National USPAP Update Course
This 2024-2025 7-Hour National USPAP Update Course, titled Ethics, Standards, and Your Appraisal Practice, is developed by The Appraisal Foundation and must be completed by appraisers every 2 years to meet the USPAP continuing education requirement. It is revised on a biennial basis. This course is designed to assist appraisers in all areas of appraisal practice seeking USPAP competency, including those who are subject to state licensing or certification and continuing education requirements of professional organizations, client groups, or employers.
Fundamentals of Expert Witness Testimony
- Learn the difference between a factual and expert witness and the rules that apply to both
- Understand the facts you may be asked to present in divorce cases, bankruptcy cases, foreclosure cases, and Ad Valorem assessment appeals and estate appraisals
- Get comfortable with how deposition and courtroom proceedings work
Diversify Your Appraisal Practice with Estate Appraisals
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- State and define the basic and the most common legal terms associated with estates and estate appraisals.
- Identify the necessary USPAP requirements, elements and assignment conditions when completing estate appraisals.
- Determine the appropriate forms and formats necessary to produce a credible report.
- Discover alternative ways to market estate appraisal services to distinct clients.
- Gain clarity and the necessary knowledge to seek out and perform estate appraisals.