Bellevue, WA February 23-24, 2024
2024-2025 7-hour National USPAP Update Course
This 2024-2025 7-Hour National USPAP Update Course, titled Ethics, Standards, and Your Appraisal Practice, is developed by The Appraisal Foundation and must be completed by appraisers every 2 years to meet the USPAP continuing education requirement. It is revised on a biennial basis. This course is designed to assist appraisers in all areas of appraisal practice seeking USPAP competency, including those who are subject to state licensing or certification and continuing education requirements of professional organizations, client groups, or employers.
New Construction Essentials: Luxury Homes
This course covers several aspects of appraising proposed construction or renovations of a luxury home. It is expected that students taking this course are already familiar with the cost approach to value and the fundamentals of appraising new construction properties. Learn the key elements for successful completion of these appraisal assignments and the special issues involved with appraising proposed custom luxury homes. Examples and illustrations are included to enhance the learning experience.
• Recognize the essential components and the different types of construction drawings.
• Recognize the most common and significant variables that impact construction costs.
• Explain how renovations and remodels of luxury homes may positively or negatively affect value.
OS: Responding to a Reconsideration of Value (ROV)
Special emphasis will be given on responding impartially, objectively, and without bias to the ROV, since there are proven methods for handling these requests while adhering to USPAP and applicable regulatory requirements, and maintaining a professional relationship with the client.
The course starts with a brief discussion of how ROVs play a valuable role in the appraisal and mortgage lending process, and proceeds to numerous case studies to demonstrate effective research, analysis and reporting strategies.
Course Learning Objectives
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Prepare a professional response to an ROV
• Identify rules and regulations pertaining to ROVs
• Recognize USPAP obligations during the ROV process
• Develop strategies to minimize the occurrence of ROVs