We are excited to announce that McKissock Learning will begin offering live stream appraisal licensing courses in June 2021. That means prospective appraisers will be able to complete the education needed to become an appraisal trainee via live virtual classes—taught by expert instructors in real time. Depending on your needs and personality, you might prefer the new live stream classes over our self-paced online courses.
Online vs. live stream appraisal licensing: Which format is right for me?
Many people choose online appraisal licensing courses because of the flexible, self-made schedule. With online courses, you can break the material up into smaller sections and go through it whenever you find some spare time. However, drawbacks of online classes include the need for self-discipline and the lack of interaction compared to in-person or live stream courses. If you prefer the safety and convenience of a virtual setting, but you want the set schedule and real-time interaction of a traditional classroom, live stream classes offer the best of both worlds.
For 30 years, McKissock has been the leader in real estate appraisal education. We are appraisers ourselves and understand your business. Our distinguished instructors are known for their appraisal knowledge.
Ready to get started? Find appraisal licensing courses in your state.
Schedule of upcoming live stream courses
We are offering three different series of live stream appraisal licensing courses in 2021. Each series includes all three of the nationally-required trainee classes (75 hours total) plus an orientation class. Here is the schedule:
- Series 1: June–July 2021
- Orientation (Tues 6/8) – 1 hour
- Basic Appraisal Principles (Sat 6/19, Sun 6/20, Sat 6/26, Sun 6/27) – 30 hours
- Basic Appraisal Procedures (Sat 7/17, Sun 7/18, Sat 7/24, Sun 7/25) – 30 hours
- 15-hour USPAP (Sat 7/31, Sun 8/1) – 15 hours
- Series 2: August–September 2021
- Orientation (Tues 8/10) – 1 hour
- Basic Appraisal Principles (Sat 8/21, Sun 8/22, Sat 8/28, Sun 8/29) – 30 hours
- Basic Appraisal Procedures (Sat 9/11, Sun 9/12, Sat 9/18, Sun 9/19) – 30 hours
- 15-hour USPAP (Sat 9/25, Sun 9/26) – 15 hours
- Series 3: October–November 2021
- Orientation (Tues 10/5) – 1 hour
- Basic Appraisal Principles (Sat 10/16, Sun 10/17, Sat 10/23, Sun 10/24) – 30 hours
- Basic Appraisal Procedures (Sat 10/30, Sun 10/31, Sat 11/6, Sun 11/7) – 30 hours
- 15-hour USPAP (Sat 11/13, Sun 11/14) – 15 hours
The live stream format is currently available in 26 states—and counting! Check your state’s licensing page for availability and pricing. Courses can be purchased individually or bundled in a package for the best value.
Referral program: Give friends 15% off their first order, and you’ll get a $50 Amazon gift card when they make a purchase. Refer a prospective appraiser trainee.