- Technical, research, analytical, or design aspects of engineering;
- Laws and regulations applicable to the practice of engineering in Maryland;
- Engineering-related computer hardware and software topics;
- Standards of practice or care;
- Professional engineering ethics;
- Project management, risk assessment and management, or emergency amd disaster management; or
-Similar topics aimed to maintain, improve, or expand the skills and knowledge relevant to the licensees field of practice.
A minimum of 1 PDH in each biennial licensing term shall be earned from the participation in the completion of qualifying programs with content related to the following:
- The awareness of ethical concerns and conflicts related to the practice of engineering;
- An enhanced familiarity with the code of conduct for professional engineers;
- An understanding of standards of practice or care related to the practice of engineering; or
- Laws and regulations applicable to the practice of engineering in Maryland.
Note: Licensees renewing for the first time after receiving their initial license are exempt. Carry forward hours are not permitted on the first renewal cycle.