Here's what you need to renew your California Appraisal license
The information below is a summary of the minimum requirements set forth by the California Bureau of Real Estate Appraisers. For a more detailed requirements breakdown, please see the board's site.
If you hold Appraisal licenses in multiple states, please make sure to check each state's requirements.
Renewals due on January 1, 2023 or after must comply with the new continuing education (CE) requirements of 1 hour of Cultural Competency and 2 hours of Elimination of Bias.
Education requirements will consists of:
• The 7-hour National USPAP Update Course or its equivalent as determined by the Appraiser Qualifications Board (AQB)
• The 4-hour course entitled Federal and State Laws and Regulation
• 1 Hour of Cultural Competency
• 2 Hours of Elimination of Bias
• A minimum of 35 hours additional approved continuing education
Note: This license renewal information is provided as a convenience only and is subject to change at any time. It's ultimately the responsibility of the licensee to be sure that he or she is meeting all requirements for each license and corresponding renewal period.