Safety Precautions for Home Inspectors
- Explore in-depth information on safety precautions for home inspectors
- Identify your safest options for clothing, equipment, and proper procedure
- Learn how to take preventative measures in your daily operations as a home inspector
Electricity and Electrical Inspections: From the Inside Out
This course is intended to be an informative and educational overview of electricity and electrical inspections, which are pertinent to professional inspectors. Because of the nature of electricity and the responsibility that electrical inspections inherently possess, it is important to review the basics from time to time. An understanding of electricity and electrical systems is integral to a safe, secure, and functional home.
Additionally, incorrectly managed electrical systems can carry a high degree of danger; therefore, these inspections must be compliant with relevant NFPA and NEC codes. Upon the completion of this course, the professional inspector will have a renewed understanding of electrical inspection requirements.
This course will provide a brief history of electricity and the scientists who contributed the building blocks that made our modern-day electrical theories, principles, and systems possible. We will then discuss safety preparedness and adequate preparation when performing a safe electrical inspection, as well as the steps involved in an electrical inspection. Lastly, we will provide an overview of effective communication to communicate the findings of the inspection to the client.
Inspecting Residential Septic Systems
The objective of this course is to provide a clear understanding of private septic systems, discuss the types of systems and their components, as well as explain how to perform proper inspections to ensure septic systems are in proper working order.
Inspecting What's Outside the Home
Radon Inspection for Residential Properties
- Review basic information on radon for residential properties, including the definition of radon, an explanation of where it comes from, and a discussion of how it relates to the general home inspector
- Explore how radon enters a structure and common mitigation methods
Home Inspection - From the Ground Up
- Gain extensive information on residential home inspection and construction for the entire building process
- Review site preparation, footings and foundations, framing systems, insulation and ventilation, HVAC, and mechanical systems
- Solidify your understanding through course drawings and photographs that illustrate the construction process
- Gain familiarity with roof inspection terminology and equipment
- Learn how to successfully complete a roof inspection in a variety of weather-related elements and on a variety of roofs
- Identify specific roofing materials, how those materials respond to different weather elements, and how to safely inspect different roof types while not damaging the roof or injuring yourself during the inspection
Practical and Successful Reporting
- Examine numerous aspects of practical reporting techniques
- Discover the problems that many inspectors will face during the reporting process
- Review professionalism within the home inspector field
Energy Efficient Home Inspections
- Take an in-depth look into energy usage, design, and building for residential structures
- Explore multiple components of residential construction
- Discuss ways to make homes more energy efficient