Your course final proctored exam can be taken anywhere – exceptions would be Arkansas and New York which require that you take your proctored exam in a pre-approved location. You can access the proctor lists here for:
Arkansas click HERE.
New York click HERE.
McKissock would prefer that you take your proctored exam at an educational facility – like a public library, community college, university or other place where education occurs – although it is not required. These facilities have computer banks, seasoned educators who are familiar with exam taking and provide a quiet atmosphere that is more conducive to exam taking. Other examples would be post office, attorney’s office, police station, notary’s office, or other suitable location, by a proctor who represents the public interest in this transaction.
It is the obligation of the student to arrange for the test with a suitable proctor. It is generally not appropriate or advised to take the exam at a private residence. The important thing to remember about a proctor is to choose someone who does not have a vested interest in whether you pass the exam. If audited, you would not want your proctor choice to stand between you and your career.
Your proctor must be present and able to view you and your screen for the duration of the exam.
It is the responsibility of the proctor to ensure the integrity of the exam by attesting to each of the following statements:
- The identity of the student was verified using photo identification to ensure that only the registered individual completes the exam.
- The exam was completed by the registered student without use of any unauthorized materials. No outside materials are permitted. The student may bring a calculator and a pen or pencil. All electronic devices should be turned and left off.
- The only web browser open during the exam was exclusively pointed at McKissock Exam Engine. Tabbed browsing, internet searches, blogs, instant messaging, etc. are prohibited.
- The proctor personally observed the student throughout the duration of the exam without providing assistance in interpreting or completing the exam.
- The proctor will verify that only the allotted amount of time is spent completing the exam. The specific time limit for exams varies per course and will be shown to the Proctor at the top of each exam.
- The proctored location provided an environment conducive to test-taking and remained free of disruptions.
- The proctor maintained the security of the exam log-in and password.
You can view the full proctor policy and all asoociated FAQs on proctoring HERE.