You are required to successfully pass a proctored exam for the following license and education types:
- To obtain an Appraisal license or upgrade (Qualifying Education)
- All IL Online Courses for Home Inspectors
All proctor exam requirements are set by an individual state’s licensing agency for any given license type. McKissock does not impose any requirements on students that are not mandated by that state’s regulating agency.
Some states require or prohibit either online or paper exams. You can view the requirements on the state requirements page on our website. Most states allow you to choose if you prefer a paper or e-proctored exam. Here is a list of exceptions:
- Arkansas appraisal license or upgrade – does not allow E-proctored exams. Exams must be taken on paper as Arkansas requires exams be taken ONLY at pre-approved locations.
- Florida appraisal license or upgrade – does not allow paper exams. All proctored exams must be taken online through the E-proctor system.
- Georgia appraisal license or upgrade – does not allow E-proctored exams. Exams must be taken on paper.
- Illinois appraisal license or upgrade – does not allow E-Proctored exams. Exams must be taken on paper.
All paper proctored exams are emailed to the proctor approximately 24 hours before the scheduled exam and must be mailed back to McKissock in their entirety (including the proctor sign-off sheet and scratch papers). Students are not allowed access to paper exams without a proctor present and may not, for ANY reason, make copies of the exam or take the exam from the proctor environment.
Exams can be mailed to:
218 Liberty Street,
Warren, Pa, 16365
P.O. Box 1673,
Warren, Pa, 16365
You can view the full proctor policy and all asoociated FAQs on proctoring HERE.