Listen, watch, read, and follow the latest and greatest in real estate insights—January 26th edition.
LISTEN: Prospecting—the critical skill required for your success (podcast)
Nobody wants to think about prospecting, and there are always plenty of excuses when the pipeline dries up. But whether the real estate market is bad or not, if you are out there prospecting, it shouldn’t matter. Get your prospecting game on with this podcast by real estate coaches Tim and Julie Harris. Follow them on Twitter: @TimandJulie.
Listen to the full podcast here.
WATCH: December new home sales fall to 625,000 annual rate
Diana Olick (@DianaOlick) reports that December new home sales fell to 625,000 annual rate, which has pushed up the monthly supply of newly built homes to 5.7 months, just shy of a normal rate of 6 months. This has done nothing, however, to temper prices that continue to go up. As mortgage rates go up, this is bound to hurt builders.
READ: Here’s how much a home remodel will pay homeowners back
Homeowners out there have, literally, billions of dollars available in home equity. Many are using those funds to rehab their home. But is it worth the investment?
- Remodeling spending is expected to approach $340 billion in 2018, a 7.5 percent increase over last year, according to Harvard’s Joint Center for Housing Studies.
- More homeowners may be remodeling, but those who do high-end projects are seeing less value in those remodels.
- The average payback in a home’s resale value is 56 percent of the cost of the remodel.
Read the full article here.
FOLLOW: Joyce Rey Real Estate on Instagram
Joyce Rey (@joycereyrealestate) is a top real estate agent in Southern California with more than $3 billion in career sales—and who knows how to use Instagram to her advantage. Don’t miss the gorgeous photos on her Instagram page. We’ve also highlighted her in this post.
Interested in keeping abreast of the latest in real estate trends? Download our FREE guide:
- Learn about current real estate trends – and what to do about them
- Gain digital marketing tips (think websites, social media, apps)
- Find real estate resources and influencers to grow your business