Clear, allow & manage cookies in Chrome
You can choose to delete existing cookies, allow or block all cookies, and set preferences for certain websites.
What cookies are
Cookies are files created by websites you visit. By saving information about your visit, they make your online experience easier. For example, sites can keep you signed in, remember your site preferences, and give you locally relevant content.
There are 2 types of cookies:
- First-party cookies: Created by the site you visit. The site is shown in the address bar.
- Third-party cookies: Created by other sites. A site you visit can embed content from other sites, for example images, ads, and text. Any of these sites can save cookies and other data to personalize your experience.
Clear all cookies
Important: If you delete cookies, you might get signed out of sites that remember you, and your saved preferences could be deleted. This applies any time a cookie is deleted.
- On your Android device, open Chrome .
- At the top right, tap More > Settings.
- Tap Privacy and security > Clear browsing data.
- Choose a time range, like Last hour or All time.
- Check Cookies and site data and uncheck all other items.
- Tap Clear data > Clear.