Listen, watch, read, and follow the latest and greatest in real estate insights—January 19th edition.
LISTEN: GSD Mode podcast: Real estate success in 90 days
Joshua Smith is a top Realtor and serial entrepreneur based in Phoenix. His podcast series, GSD Mode, recently featured Justen Martin, who closed more than 62 homes in his first eight months as a real estate agent. Now the owner of iHomes Colorado, Justen shares some of his secrets to success.
(0:01) Smith introduces Martin, highlighting his massive real estate successes.
(8:10) Martin talks about how he got interested in real estate.
(25:00) Martin describes enrolling in the 90 Day Mastery program to ensure his real estate success
(37:50) Martin gives details about when he started bringing in seller leads.
(51:00) Smith asks Martin to walk listeners through his door-knocking strategy.
(56:00) Martin talks about his recruiting process and what he looks for when hiring real estate agents.
(1:04) A one-deal-per-month minimum is enforced on Martin’s team. He talks about it in more detail.
WATCH: Mortgage rates on the rise in 2018
It might be the middle of winter, but market analysts are already looking ahead to the spring real estate season. With President’s Day—the unofficial start of the busiest season in the housing market—just a month away, there is already talk about how rising interest rates are going to make an already tight market even more competitive. Sellers will stay put because they’ve already locked in historic low rates. Potential buyers will find even less inventory up for sale.
READ: 3 Facebook updates that affect the way you advertise
Just when you think you’ve mastered its algorithms, Facebook decides it’s time to make changes. If you have been advertising your real estate business on the social media behemoth, there are some things you should know.
- Detailed targeting. In the battle against hate and discrimination, Facebook removed many job title/employer options real estate professionals used to target ads to their audiences. If you are planning an ad campaign for 2018, there is no time like the present to start researching your options for detailed targeting.
- Event interaction. Having an open house event on Facebook can be a great way to bring in leads. Now, when people mark your event as “interested” or “going” (or both), you can target ads to those people.
- New canvas layouts. Canvas ads are beautiful—and underutilized by real estate agents. They take a bit longer to create, but has the potential for more engagement. Now there are no templates from which to choose. Check out a video of canvas ads here.
FOLLOW: The Boutique Real Estate Group
If you’re not following the Boutique Real Estate Group on Facebook, you should be! This popular page has more than 30,000 likes, and the stunning images they post garner plenty of attention as well. Take a look for yourself—and see how Facebook can be done well. Very well.
- Learn about current real estate trends – and what to do about them
- Gain digital marketing tips (think websites, social media, apps)
- Find real estate resources and influencers to grow your business