How to Open Encrypted Email in Outlook?
- Open encrypted mail like unencrypted messages in the Outlook.com website, Outlook mobile app, and Outlook mail app in Windows 10.
- However, to open the encrypted mail in Outlook for Mac, or a third-party mail app, a person has to follow the given set of procedures in the encrypted message or use a temporary passcode.
Read the Encrypted Email in Third-party App
Opening an encrypted email in Outlook web, mobile app and Windows is a direct and straightforward method, but whereas opening the encrypted message in a third-party app is somewhat different. You can decrypt the email message by following the procedure given below:
- Click on the Read the message option in your email message.
- After that, you can open the message by signing in to your account.
- If you don’t own an account, you can sign in with one-time passcode. The one-time passcode will be sent to your registered email id, you can use the OTP and read the email message.
In such a way, you can view the encrypted mail in Microsoft 365 Outlook or a third-party mail app. Thus, it is not mandatory for a recipient to have a Microsoft account to view the encrypted message, you can also view them securely from your third-party mail apps.