The National Association of Realtors® announced this week that on October 23, 2014 Realtors® can begin to claim a .REALTOR domain. With nine out of 10 recent buyers beginning their home search online, it has become even more critical for Realtors® to create a branded space online.
The .REALTOR domain will help Realtors® stand apart from other real estate professionals, creating a more positive online experience for consumers who are searching for information on buying or selling property. Having a .REALTOR domain will inform consumers that they are working with a Realtor®, a trusted real estate professional who subscribes to NAR’s strict Code of Ethics.
Sign up to receive a reminder email to claim your .REALTOR domain on Oct. 23.
Here are 5 things you need to know about your .REALTOR domain:
- The top-level domain will be made available only to real estate professionals who are Realtors®, members of NAR or CREA. The domain will also be made available to state and local Realtor® associations, association multiple listing services, affiliated institutes, societies and councils and NAR strategic business partners.
- The first 500,000 members who register will receive a FREE .REALTOR domain for one year, on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- .REALTOR domains start at $39.95, with a multi-year and multi-domain discount available.
- U.S. members who claim a .REALTOR domain also receive a FREE realtor.com profile website that automatically integrates content from your social networks and blogs, displays all of your realtor.com® listings, showings and closed transactions and displays client recommendations – in one convenient location.
- You can claim your domain at www.claim.realtor
Sign up to receive a friendly email reminder on October 23, 2014 so you don’t miss out on your chance to claim your .REALTOR domain.
For additional information about the .REALTOR domain, visit https://www.realtor.com/about/