Since last month was the beginning of the New Year, we asked our CE Plus members, “What is your New Year’s Resolution or goal for your career in 2020?” It was a tight race, but “win more listings” won the most votes from our participants. If you’re interested in learning how to win more listings as well as other tips to grow your real estate career, keep reading.
Win More Listings (25%)
Being able to win listings is the lifeblood of a real estate agent’s business. Here are some helpful articles to help you win more listings and generate more business.
- 10 Essentials to Include in a Powerful Pre-Listing Package
- 5 of the Biggest, Most Common Mistakes Listing Agents Make
- 3 Steps to Creating a Powerful Listing Presentation
Grow Referral Network (20.83%)
The importance of having a strong referral network for real estate agents cannot be understated. Without it, agents have to spend countless hours trying to convince and convert cold leads. For tips on how to grow your referral network, click on one of the article links below.
- 3 Out-of-the-Box Ways to Generate Referrals
- How to Grow Your Referral Network Organically
- 3 Tips for Scoring Repeat Business Through Organic Referrals
Grow Social Media Presence (20.83%)
It goes without saying that just about everyone has a social media account these days. In fact, the average American spends roughly 43 minutes a day on Facebook alone. Thus, having a social media presence is a great way for real estate agents to keep up with their former clients, generate new leads, and increase their brand awareness. Here are some tips on how to grow your social media accounts:
- Grow Your Social Media and Digital Marketing Knowledge
- 3 Steps to Make the Perfect Real Estate Cover Video
- How This Agent Got a $1 Million Transaction Through Instagram
Free Social Media Kit: Want to become a social media wiz? Download our free Social Media for Real Estate Agents Toolkit to help you become a social media master!
Get More Involved in the Community (12.50%)
Getting involved in your local community is a great way to get your name out and about.
- 5 Ways to Get to Know Your Community and Local Market
- Elevate Your Real Estate Business with Community Involvement
- How Real Estate Agents Can “Give Back” During the Holidays
Upgrade License Level (12.50%)
Upgrading your license from agent to broker is a great way to revamp your career and potentially earn more income. Here are some things to consider before you upgrade your real estate license.
- Are You Ready to Start Your Own Brokerage?
- Learning How to Become A Broker? Here’s How the Pros Recruit New Agents
Ready to upgrade your real estate license? Take your real estate business to the next level by becoming a broker.
Attend a national conference (0%)
While no one in our survey selected “attend a national conference,” it is still a good idea to consider attending a real estate conference or trade show from time to time. Not only is it a great place to network with other real estate professionals, but often the speakers at these events are highly successful and able to pass on inspirational words of wisdom that can help you achieve your career goals.
For those whose New Year Resolution didn’t fit into the aforementioned categories, here are some of the write-in answers:
- To make a difference in someone’s life
- Keep in touch with past clients
- Automate marketing initiatives
- Work on branding
Want to participate in our monthly “Question of Month” campaign? Become a member and you’ll be eligible to participate in our monthly giveaway. It’s a great way to save on continuing education and professional development with the added perk of a chance at a $50 VISA gift card each month!